Tuesday, January 5, 2010

[-02.00] Change in Approach

-2
In an effort to create some realistic goals for myself I thought today would be a good day to identify a small goal for myself that is manageable. While of course of overall goal is to weigh 130 lbs and be an incredibly fit athlete, I thought I would just address the next two weeks :)

I'm working to make changes that are manageable and not to overly dramatic.
So here are a few shifts in my approach

1. Water, water, water 16oz first thing, 16 oz at work in AM, 16oz in afternoon at work, and 16 oz when I come home in the evening.
2. Packed lunches, I am awful at preparing my lunch for the day and often it leads to me starving at 2pm searching for any sort of sugar to lift my body up.
3. Cooking, not by any means a major change, I am the cook in the house but I need to approach my dinners with flavor and cut down on calories and fat.
4. Dessert, I love dessert - desserts, there is no doubt about it - but, I love them just a bit too much. I am finding small substitutions that are clearly satisfying, or smaller amounts in general.
5. Small Goals: - my first one will be January 14, down to 220, I’ll then identify the next small hurdle.
6. Three Greens in the cart and on the plate. I am a notorious anti-vegetable eater, partly as they are not my thing, but more I think cause I’m lazy. I am working on at least three greens to be purchased and served along with dinner.

What’s for dinner:
Dinner, roasted chicken with a rub, potatoes, and green beans!
I have this awesome rub from The Big M, and now my chicky chicky is being roasted with potatoes on the bottom of the pan.

Looking at shift in approach 1-6 I’ve nailed all 6, yeah me.

No comments: