Monday, January 31, 2011

[-00.40] Day 8

I'll take it ! Just under a half a pound, clearly a victory !


Last Night, I was reintroduced to Spaghetti Squash. Maureen made us a STELLAR dinner, using Spaghetti Squash for pasta. Why do no Italian restaurants use this as a pasta alternative? I would clearly pay a few dollars extra, for a low calorie option, so I could have my favourite garlic bread.

Also, after the breakdown yesterday of all the nutritional labels, we came to the conclusion, we're on Atkins, but it's just called Medifast. If you've ever been on Atkins, (which of course I have) you remove all breads and sugars from your diet and focus on Proteins and Fats. The major difference is that in Medifast there is a lower fat consumption. You can tell if you're in Fat burning mode if you're in Ketosis, I bet if I did the stick pee, I know what I would find !

"The way in which the Atkins diet works is through changing the body's metabolism. The body burns fats and carbohydrates in order to provide the energy to function normally. Carbohydrates are turned into glucose and are used before fats in our bodies. According to Atkins, if we reduce the amount of carbohydrate intake, our body will burn our fat as fuel, cause weight loss. Through this burning of fat, we also affect our body's insulin production which, according to Atkins, will prevent more fat from being formed."
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-atkins-diet.htm

No comments: